Wednesday, April 25, 2012

False Comfort

By Kristine McGuire

When I was a witch and medium, I believed I had the knowledge and skill to protect myself from "negative" spirits, magick, energy, as I practiced the Craft. I believed I was the one in control.

The truth is I was deceived.

I believed casting a protective circle or enveloping myself in "white light/energy" was beneficial. I thought I had the power or access to power which could accomplish my goals. I didn't realize the very spirits I was trusting as guides, elemental and earth spirit allies, or deities were less than trustworthy.


"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12 (NLT)

The Bible tells us there is only one true God we should trust for salvation and life. There is one truth upon which our faith rests, revealed to us through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus and scripture.

The Bible also tells us there is an enemy which seeks to deceive and draw us away from God. These are the same spirits which people look to as gods and goddesses, ascended masters, or as "universal energy" which empower the activities within the realm of the occult.

The truth is those practicing magick or communicating with spirits (or any occult activity) cannot protect themselves through their esoteric practices.

That belief itself is part of the deception.

We are warned to be on the lookout for false teachers and prophets. We are warned that in these last days "a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths." 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NLT) . I believe this is also evidenced in the realm of New Age and Occult teaching being embraced by greater numbers of people (including those calling themselves Christian).

People are falling prey to wolves in sheep's clothing (spiritually as well as humanly speaking). As Bible believing Christians, we need to stand up for the truth. The idea that people can engage in occult activities (believing they can be protected through skill, knowledge, or ability) is a fallacy.

The only true spiritual protection is found in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments that include personal attacks, cussing, etc will be removed and submitter banned. This is your only warning.